In the framework of the regional EU funded project ‘Digital Innovations for Peace”, Deutsche Welle Akademie is looking for a Project Manager (f/m/d) based in Tunis or Libya. Contract start is planned for the 01.02.2022 with a 3 months trial period and perspectives for extension until end of 2024.
Scope of work:
Tasks and responsibilities
- Support in planning, implementing and managing DW Akademie’s project in the MENA region
- Cooperation with project partners in the MENA region
- Support with monitoring and evaluation and partner budget control
- Support with procurement and administrative processes
- Conception of journalistic training sessions and outreach campaigns on social media
- Assess risks and issues based on planned activities and provide solutions where applicable.
Project Coordinator requirements:
- Completed university studies (Bachelor, Master, Diploma)
- Strong experience in all aspects of project implementation including monitoring and evaluation
- Professional experience in the field of freedom of expression, media development and journalism in the MENA region
- Knowledge of the work processes and organizational structure of DW Akademie is desirable
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken) and Arabic (written and spoken).
- Very good communication and teamwork skills.
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- In possession of a bank account outside Libya.
Duration and time frame:
The intended duration of the mission will be from February 2022 to December 2024.
Deadline of offer submission
Please submit an updated CV, your financial offer as well as your motivation letter and references in PDF form before the 10.01.2022. Please send the email with the subject: “Application, Project Manager DIP” to Mohamed.Saddiki@dw.com