Call for applications – Video production for social media
Duetsche Welle Akademie in the framework of the project ‘’Digital innovation for peace’’ funded by the European union, is looking for a professional video editor to produce videos for social media platforms, this will be implemented between March to December of 2023. The selected candidate will have a (trial period of 3 months).
“’Digital innovation for peace” is a project aiming to make societies in the MENA region, specifically Libya, Tunisia, Algeria, Palestine, Jordan and Lebanon, more resilient to disinformation and supportive to the promotion of peace in the digital space.
Scope of work:
- Under this section, the proposed methods for producing the video will be identified in the following tasks:
- Creation of the timeline and work-plan.
- Prepare an idea for each video with a clear plan of question and interviews.
- Reviewing, shooting script and raw material to create creative output Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts .
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth flow of the end product.
- Deliver the video with the logo and subtitle if needed.
- Direct coordination with the social media manager.
- Work plan for the video requirement.
- Technical advice and support to participants and expert involved in the video.
- Video is engaging and attractive to audience.
- Proven work experience as a video editor
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages ( shots compositing, Premiere, special effects, Photoshop, and Final Cut) .
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Creative mind and storytelling skills.
Duration and time frame:
- The selected candidate will be required to submit 3 to 4 videos a month each within (3) working days from the starting date. All deadlines of creation will be coordinated with the project team.
Remuneration and payment:
- Rate of Payment will be per type of production and piece (Promotional video, PTC, educational, etc.) Please submit your signed offer in PDF Form for a clear table listing the type of Video and the cost of each item along with your Updated CV.
- Payment will be made in Euro via bank transfer upon submission of invoice on a monthly basis.
Deadline of submission:
- Please submit your application documents mentioning in the email subject: “Application: Video Editor” before the 05.02.2023 to firstname.lastname@example.org