Terms of Reference
Position: Project coordinator in Libya (part time position)
In the framework of the project ‘’Media in Libya – Immune against disinformation’’ funded by the European Union and the German Foreign Office, Deutsche Welle Akademie is looking to hire a project coordinator who will be in charge of assisting the project team in implementing the project. This task involves facilitating trainings, organizing and participating in stakeholder meetings, as well as Provide regular update about the media landscape in Libya. The duration of the mission is from January to September in 2022 in a part time position.
Scope of work:
Duties and responsibilities
– Organizing, attending, and participating in stakeholder/partners meetings inside Libya.
– Representing the project team in meetings and selected events in close coordination with the management team.
– Providing administrative support to the project partners and the project team as needed.
– Assess risks and issues based on planned activities and provide solutions where applicable.
– Facilitate trainings where appropriate to the project in coordination with project team members.
– Review and analyze partner reports.
– Provide regular update about the developments in the media landscape in Libya.
Project Coordinator requirements:
– Bachelor’s degree in a related academic field to Media, law, or human rights.
– Two years working experience in the international development sector.
– A strong knowledge of the media landscape and the topic of disinformation
– Proficiency in English (written and spoken) and Arabic (written and spoken).
– Ability to work agile and effectively as part of a team.
– Very good communication and teamwork skills.
– Competency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
– Knowledge of project documentation and other administrative basic procedures.
– Ability to work on tight deadlines.
– In possession of a bank account outside Libya.
Duration and time frame:
The duration of the mission will be from January to September in 2022 in a part time position. The tasks will be in coordination with the Libya project management team based in Tunisia and Germany.
Payment and deliverables
The coordinator would submit an invoice once a month. The payment will be made in Euro via bank transfer.
Deadline of offer submission
Please submit an updated CV and your financial offer in PDF form before the 09.12.2021 to email@example.com