Coordinator/trainer for a summit on electoral online violence for DW Akademie’s project, Media in Libya – Immune against Disinformation.
DW Akademie is Germany’s leading organization for international media development. As an integral part of Germany’s international public broadcaster Deutsche Welle, it supports the development of free and transparent media systems by strengthening journalistic quality and media competency. DW Akademie has been working in Libya in the fields of media development and journalism training for over a decade. Its projects in Libya are funded by the European Union and the German Foreign Office. Within this project, and in cooperation with other relevant international organization, DWA aims to gathers different stakeholders involved in tasks related to media and elections, civil society actors, journalists, influencers, fact-checkers, media managers and other media professionals to sensitize all groups involved about the importance of critical, nonpartisan media coverage of elections and ways to create a conducive environment for everyone involved.
DW Akademie is looking for a coordinator/trainer to coordinate one day Summit which addresses the challenges that Libyan journalists are facing, and brings together relevant stakeholders to promote a safe and conducive space for all media professionals interested in a balanced and accurate coverage of the election process, and train follow up on the outcome of the Summit, and conduct trainings on different relevant topics such as digital safety and quality reporting in times of elections, In addition to the facilitation for working groups to prepare for this activity, and possibly conduct the trainings that will be recommended at the end of this activity.
- Objectives and Scope of work
DW Akademie is commissioning a coordinator/trainer on election reporting for its Libyan project. The starting date of the contract will be confirmed in accord with the applicant.
Scope of work
Under this section, the proposed methods for coordination of this activity, conducting trainings will be identified, by the following tasks:
- Draft a concept note for the 1 day summit.
- Coordinate and prepare for a 1 day summit on electoral online violence.
- Facilitate 3 to 4 working group meetings before the summit.
- Developing training structure following the outcome of the summit.
- Conduct trainings on relevant topics following the summit.
- Conceptual advice on the topic for the Libyan team.
- Conduct the evaluation of the training.
- Report on the conducted trainings.
- Required skills:
The applicants should have:
- In-depth knowledge and skills in the field of electoral reporting and electoral online violence.
- Considerable experience relevant journalism trainings.
- Solid knowledge and skills in event coordination and facilitations.
- Current knowledge of media usage, media legislation in the region.
- Didactical skills in the both of participatory and Blended training methods.
- Intercultural sensitivity.
- Experience in using online learning tools.
- Duration and time frame
The contract will be issued for a maximum number of up to 12 service days and 02 preparation days, in November-December 2021.
- Payment and deliverables
The coordinator/Trainer can send an Invoice at the end of each month. The payment will be made in Euro via bank transfer.
- Application deadline:
The applicant should submit an offer in PDF form, before 08 of November 2021 via email to DW Akademie at: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should include your CV, and an honorarium proposal.
Please address your application and any questions about this application to DW Akademie project manager Surur Alakari at the above-mentioned e-mail address.