Terms of Reference for an (Expert in Fact Checking)
Deutsche Welle Akademie in the framework of the ‘’Media in Libya – Immune against disinformation’’, funded by the European Union and the German Foreign Office, is looking to engage an expert in fact checking to support the DWA team in providing trainings that will advance the Libyan Fact checking Network LFCN technical skills and advance the network member’s capacity in fact checking. The assignment will include facilitating workshops and sessions on Factchecking tools and methods. The selected candidate will receive a contract with a maximum of 50 working days from June to December 2022.
The project “’Media in Libya – Immune against disinformation” aims to support the role of accurate and independent media in Libya’s transformation process.
The Expert Responsibilities
The consultant will be responsible for fulfilling the following:
- Facilitate training on Fact-checking Tools and How to use it (Basic/Advanced/Expert) levels.
- Organize workshop(s) for the LFCN within the area of: teamwork, build a Fact-checking Methodology and writing articles in the genre of fact-check.
- Attend virtual meetings upon request to provide advice on needed aspects of the LFCN.
- Assist in the development of a strategy that supports the project goal.
- Assist Factchecking platform to learn how to build a good SEO strategy for their Fact-checking website
Remuneration and Payment:
Rate of payment to be agreed on upon selection. Please submit your signed offer in PDF Form for the desired daily rate along with your Updated CV.
Payment will be upon submission of invoice and timesheet on a monthly basis. The payment will be made in Euro via bank transfer.
Deadline of application submission:
Please submit the offer signed in PDF format, Including the requested fees per day, with the email subject: “Expert in Fact checking” deadline extended to 13.05.2022 to Surur.firstname.lastname@example.org