Terms of Reference for a Consultant in Fact Checking
Deutsche Welle Akademie in the framework of the ‘’Media in Libya – Immune against disinformation’’, funded by the German Foreign Office, is looking to engage a consultant in fact checking to support the assessment of the Libyan Fact Checking Network (LFCN) members. The assignment will include facilitating workshops and sessions to develop the assessment and also provide the support needed for LFCN members in the process to become a signatory of the International Fact-checking Network (IFCN). The assessment to be held during December for a maximum of 8 working days.
The project “’Media in Libya – Immune against disinformation” aims to support the role of accurate and independent media in Libya’s transformation process.
The consultant Responsibilities:
The consultant will provide Deutsche Welle Akademie (DWA) with advice and expertise to help with a project aiming to establish the Libyan Fact-checking Network (IFNC) and set it on course to become a signatory of the International Fact-checking Network (IFCN).
The consultant will be responsible for fulfilling the following:
- Review and provide feedback about the project’s concept note
- Prepare a details assessment regarding the LFCN members development.
- Organize workshop(s) needed for the assessment.
- Provide written recommendations to improve the project’s implementation based on the assessment report.
- Assist in the development of a strategy that supports the project goal.
Remuneration and Payment:
- Rate of payment to be agreed on upon selection. Please submit your signed offer in PDF Form for the desired daily rate along with your Updated CV.
- Payment will be upon submission of invoice and timesheet. The payment will be made in Euro via bank transfer.
Deadline of application submission:
Please submit the offer signed in PDF format, Including the requested fees per day, with the email subject: “Consultant in Fact checking” before the 26.11.2022 to Surur.email@example.com.